tattoo rash?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

chikaraxaiyoku

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:46 pm

alright so im getting my second tattoo this coming thursday (april 7th) and i'm a bit concerned because my last tattoo (that i got about 6 months ago) developed an itchy, red and bumpy rash all around the perimeter of it that took a good while to go away. this tattoo is on my lower back and isn't really all that big. the tattoo i am getting in a few days is on my upper back and is a good deal bigger. I know im not allergic to latex or any of the cremes i was putting on it because ive come in contact with them before and never had a problem. should i be concerned? is there something i can do to prevent this from happening again? any advice would help a lot.

thanks!
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:23 pm

Most likely, the pores are becoming blocked and that is why it happens around the tattoo, and not in the tattoo so much...because the pores in the tattoo can drain. Try keeping the ointment as light as possible, don't slather it on the skin around the tattoo.

Tell your tattooist about it, and they should be able to help. I can only guess, as I didn't see it, but it sounds like a mild case of

CONTACT DERMITITIS
indagadadaveeta

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:42 am

i had this happen to one of my customers,she didn't listen, it was on her lower back,she touched it -her friends (i imagine )touched it.she didn't use the stuff i told her to...basicaly listen to your artist.she later found out she's allergic to neosporine which i did'nt recomend.now she has a nice tan on her lower back.
TheTattooArtist

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:42 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, is your tattoo 6 months old and just had this problem, or 6 months ago when you got it? I think this makes a big differance to what it could be.