maybe u people think u know everything

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

hthraven

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:45 pm

the guy took classes in blood born pathogens and buy your surprise hes passed em he has a clean shop auto clave ultra sonic cleaner a buissness licsence wooo what a surprise an alot of repeat customers even makes his own needles been in bussiness 15 years now with no contamination to any one .it just goes to show how shallow an insecure u people r thinkin u know it all well like he says if u know it all then quite cause u need to learn something new everyday just because some one was in prison dosent mean they cant do what they enjoy when they got out an make money doin it .ive learned a few things in my life when u have 1 person in a area that does one thing he can charge a arm an legg when there a bunch people doing the same thing the price comes down.so i can understand u insecure lil f@#$ks dont want more people in the buisness cause u affraid.but youll get over it ,as far as granny how is the old bag.
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:13 am

If you were the least bit literate, it would be easier to take you seriously. I don't know how you will ever be able to articulate yourself artistically, when you don't even romotely grasp the language you spent at least 12 years being taught...but that is beside the point.

We aren't afraid of you lowering our prices. People like you RAISE our prices. I know you desperately want to believe you are a threat to us in some artistic way, but trust me...you aren't. What we are concerned with is the negative image people like yourself bring to the industry. There are plenty of you out there, already.

Please, if you intend to argue here any further, learn to type. If you can't master that, maybe tattooing is biting off more than you can chew, also.

You came here looking for technical information, and were told we would not give you any. We answered your questions about an apprenticeship honestly, but HONESTY IS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR because it didn't fit in with what you were capable of or willing to do. So, you went to the first place you could find and settled for some ex-con with no training of his own to TRAIN YOU. And again, honest comments were made, but they still werent what you wanted to hear, so now you feel the need to convince me that you are right...and you aren't gonna do that...sorry. I'm here to give my honest opinion based on two decades of being in this business, and seeing a million people JUST LIKE YOU fail, and hurt people along the way...I am NOT here to just tell you what you want to hear, and stroke your overblown ego.

So, go to your new "teacher who never had a teacher", and ask him the questions you couldn't get the answers here for, and time will tell. Stop back in 10 years and let us know how spectacular your career is going, and impress us with your vast array of knowledge about all the details of the artform.

Bye, now!
hthraven

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:32 pm

u talk about people like u r all mighty an every one else is below u because hes a con an no proffesional training, an im wainting to learn .u think people cant learn something new . along time ago a man made the first tattoo with no proffesional training back in the fiffties alot of artist didnt have proffesional training an in some state tattoo was ilegal an them people didnt have proffesional training but now that it is legal in them state they have shops an do good work .every one got to start some wheres .when i was in the service i talked to artist an they said they started by tattoo the zig zag man an pot leafs on friends .i dont think im a threat to u guys .an i dont want to argue with u people on here .when u went thru your aprentiship how did u pay your bills put food on the table clothes on your kids back .i went to diffrent shop talked hung out showed my drawing an had a few offer but i cant spend 40 hrs a week hangin out not making anything to pay bills this guys shop is a lil closer an he lets me come in when i get off work where the other shops wouldnt .an when im told i cant learn something or do it that make me more determined to to do it so in a way u lit a fire under me. the odds might be stacked against me, u just made me more determined to succed. all u said ill take to heart an im hearing what u trying to tell me and i understand im not going to give up or be dicourage if this guy cant teach me then ill look some wheres else an keep on tattooing my oranges an cantaloupes .
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:17 pm

back in the fiffties alot of artist didnt have proffesional training an in some state tattoo was ilegal an them people didnt have proffesional training but now that it is legal in them state they have shops an do good work

MORE ACCURATELY:

Back in the 50s a bunch of people who didn't have training or know what they were doing jumped on the tattoo bandwagon, just like you are doing. They made such a negative impact that many areas passed legislation outlawing tattooing, and after a while the industry died out to a great extent. Once the riff-raff was gone, the real artists started training people again, and it became popular again...and laws were lifted or overturned. Then people like you came along again, and jumped on the bandwagon with no training or experience. And the same thing is happening that happened before.

when im told i cant learn something or do it that make me more determined to to do it so in a way u lit a fire under me. the odds might be stacked against me, u just made me more determined to succed.

Ah, if I had a nickle for every time I have heard that, I would have retired a billionaire, years ago.

And if I had a nickle for everyone who said that and actually succeeded, I couldn't afford a Goddamn cup of coffee.

As I said, let us know 10 years down the road how it's going...and in the meantime, if you press the key labled "Shift" and one of the letters simultaneously, it makes what is known as a "capital letter" or "Upper case" letter. They are generally used at the begining of a sentance to allow people to see where one thought ends and the next begins. I don't usually rip on people over an occasional spelling error, or poor skills at typing, but in your case, it is so mindnumbingly horrible, I am left to wonder if you will be as thorough in tattooing as you are in communicating. If so, God help the industry. It was far more work reading it than the content was worth.

At least try and show us you can make an effort at this if you expect us to believe you are going to be putting perminant marks on someone's body. There is no edit button on a tattoo machine.
hthraven

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:42 am

You know what you people need to quit ripping on people just cause they are trying to learn something new. My husband was right you do act like your high and mighty, but let me tell you something.YOUR NO BETTER THAN THE REST OF US. And for your info he's doing just fine at his tatoos. he don't need your help and don't want your help.
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:37 am

Well, if an expert like you who knows the industry like the back of your hand says so, then it has to be true.

he don't need your help and don't want your help.

He made several top level posts to the contrary. If he wants to be left alone, stop coming here. As long as he does, it is the right of all here to respond.
hthraven

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:55 pm

u know bad wolf for some one with so much talent like u got or claim to have an i do say claim your shop must be empty cause u spend a lot of time on this site .where do u find the time to work when your not shoting off your mouth, your on line .i think what it is that u have a hard time with your art an took u a long time to figure it out so u got to put others down to feel good about yourself cause it dont seem like u got a whole lot work going on at your shop .
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:49 pm

Wrong as always, loser.

I own more than one studio, and they are busy. I work by appointment only, myself, and am as busy as I want whenever I want. I get to be on my computer working between clients. I have other people working in my studios and they are busy. All were trained, and exceptionally gifted artistically. It didn't take me long to learn. I grew up with it. My father did tattoos and airbrushing, and my mother was an art teacher and owned several businesses concerning art. The extra time and effort I put into it was MY DECISION, so I could learn more. I busted my ass because I love the artform, and wanted to give back to it, unlike yourself who is only interested in sucking the blood from it. I continuously have done everything I could do to leave no stone unturned. You weren't even willing to leave the damn state to get info. What pisses me off about you and your lowlife type is that even with the information I had, I always felt I could and should do more. I was willing to give up whatever I had to to find it. You aren't willing to do SHIT, and will settle for anything you can get to validate yourself. You will never put into, nor ever get out of tattooing what I have. Now, piss off like a good little scratcher. Come back in 10 years and let us know what the artform has done for you. I suspect it will have left you behind.

You still haven't figured out how to spell, capitalize letters, punctuate properly, or string together a coherant sentence even though I have tried to help you with it. You truely have crossed the borders of being pathetic, so please don't embarass yourself further.

Lesson one, dickhead...Pay attention closely, as everything I have told you had pearls of wisdom you missed completely because you seem too damn illiterate to get it.

You are attempting to convince me you are an articulate individual with artistic talent...and you are trying to do so with shit like this:
u know bad wolf for some one with so much talent like u got or claim to have an i do say claim your shop must be empty cause u spend a lot of time on this site .where do u find the time to work when your not shoting off your mouth, your on line .i think what it is that u have a hard time with your art an took u a long time to figure it out so u got to put others down to feel good about yourself cause it dont seem like u got a whole lot work going on at your shop .

Whether or not you realize it, fool, that is your advertisement!

It says, "I am a slob. I will not take the time to be articulate. I don't give a shit about the quality of my product. I couldn't care less about how intelligent I appear. I will strive to deny and avoid the facts and defend my position when I am wrong. I will do everything half-assed...but trust me to put a clean, perminant mark on your skin!"

It is LOUD AND CLEAR. Everyone here is looking at it and subconsciously judging you on it, even if they aren't attempting to do so consciously.

There, now! I have helped you far more than anyone else ever will. The little tid bit I just threw at you will be infinately more valuable than anything your convict friend will be giving you. It will turn your life around in all aspects if you are smart enough to take notice.

You are welcome! No need for thanks! Now repay me by banishing yourself until you can at least get that straightened out.

It is obvious you have LIGHTYEARS to go before you should ever have a tattoo machine in your hand. It is of the UTMOST importance you find a VERY GOOD MENTOR, who has the ability to not only teach you tattooing, but guide you through fixing your character flaws as well.
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:01 am

I know this is an old post but the old saying here really does apply...

"You get what you pay for"

Most artist charge 100-200 dollars an hour. 125-150 is the NORM for REALLY GOOD artists. And some like Paul Booth and retired Bud Pierson (among others) are closer to 200 dollars an hour.

If you want an Old beat up Ford Pinto, fine go with the EX-CON with NO training.

If you want the Ferrari 360 Modena then go with the repeatable artist.
indagadadaveeta

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:06 am

i'm not tryn to say any of you are right or wrong but ive seen some great art work comin out of those guys(cons).stuff that would blow paul booths art out of the water.insane shit.but thats cause they got all the time in the world to draw.and iv seen some totally laughable art by guys that can afford these aron cain machines(the old ones are better).iv seen him take a spauling frame make some designs on it and now its an aron cain machine.anyway i don't know where i was going with this :? oh ya some prison art is awsome.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:10 am

indagadadaveeta wrote:i'm not tryn to say any of you are right or wrong but ive seen some great art work comin out of those guys(cons). oh ya some prison art is awsome.

Hell, my BEST friend gets out in 14 months. He's been in 7 different prisons in Florida for the last 8 years.

He's shown me some SICK artwork. Yes, SOME CONS have talent to draw.

Drawing and tattooing are TOTALLY different dragons.

Good art work in a portfolio will get you an apprenticeship job sooner or later. But, putting ink in skin and on paper are totally different.

Plus, you have a lot of other factors you have to take in consideration when tattooing that you don't when drawing.

Being CLEAN isn't as simple as many think... It takes someone teaching you the ins and outs of the sterile process to become proficient in such matters.
TheTattooArtist

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:33 pm

Being a good artist and a good tattooartist, I agree, Is two differant things. And I must comment that the type of machines you run are very pointless. You cannot tell me that Leonardo and Davinci used the same paint brushes to create works of art. It's the end result, of what you do with these tools, that make all the differance.

As far as advice goes, If you have such a good mentor, you should be able to go and ask them any questions that arise. But the underground world of tattooist, er...scratchers, will always be there. But always look on the bright side of this. It gives us MORE work! Gotta have someone around that is capable of doing a cover-up/fix up on them. We may not like to have to do this, but it still is more business for us.
indagadadaveeta

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:53 pm

hmmmm....i don't know where you guys are going with your posts cause .i didnt say i use those machines,and basicly you agreed that just cause you know how to draw doesnt mean you know how to tattoo,and if you look at my other post i said sterilization is very important.as far as machines go i know its not the machine that makes the tattoo good its the artist,i can build a machine from scratch.not a prison gun.a tattooing machine,i was taught sterilization,tuning all that stuff.as for the scratcher comment.its funny that when i did work out of my house people that had gotten socalled shop tattoos would come to me for coverups-infact theres a craptastic shop in my town that gives me all kinds of bizness some i do,some i don't.