no matter what u people say im going learn

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

hthraven

Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:59 pm

well seeing how i cant get no help or info thats cool but not everyone in tha tattoo industry started as apprentice .i work as a emt an know all about cross contamination sterilization an blood born diseses an as for any job ,hobbie ,passion,or the love to do something for what ever reason im not about to put my kid on the back burner.now u tell me u would give up your kid to tattoo .ill find a diffrent means of finding out the information im looking for with or with out any help im going to learn how to do it.
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:08 pm

hthraven wrote:.ill find a diffrent means of finding out the information im looking for with or with out any help im going to learn how to do it.

There is only one other means...scratching people up. If you are one in a million, you might one day do an acceptable tattoo. But the odds are stacked heavily against you. And you have to consider one of the people you scar for life might be someone violent. You can't even figure out how to juggle a kid and an apprenticeship. You gave up before you ever even began, and that pretty much tells me everything I need to know. I figure your career will be somewhat less than an inspiring success story. And I am sure your "customers" stories will be less than inspiring, also. I'm afraid as far as stories go, I have heard yours before... many times...and the outcome is always the same. I only hope you can at least apply the slight understanding of aseptic procedure you may have to a craft you have absolutely no understanding of. At least then, the people you butcher up will only have poor work, and not an infection, also.

Happy trails!
Inkpacker

Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:18 am

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN!!,Prove him wrong raven.
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:02 pm

It takes one mistake. One little piece of information you should have had, and didn't figure out on you own, and someone is infected with a disease. When you take someone with no understanding whatsoever of the business, and trust they can do it safely, you are rolling dice. The guy down the street from me was never taught...and has no way of learning anything from anyone...and he never heard of using barriers on anything. He has spray bottles, clipcords, machines, lamps, etc. smeared with blood that he just wipes off and uses on the next person. How long do you think it will be before he infects someone? He doesn't know any better because he's trying to prove me wrong, too.

This person is worried about a kid, yet will likely be doing tattoos out of their kitchen. In the same area the kid eats his cerial, and crawls around on the floor. As I said before, if you can't figure out how to juggle having a kid, and getting an apprenticeship, the chances you will be able to figure anything complicated out is pretty slim.
indagadadaveeta

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 am

from what i'm seeing noone is stopin you from learning raven.badwolf is only pointing out very important things to you,not to frustrate you but to make you understand the shit your getting your self into.if you tattooed me and fucked up i'm suein you,you give me a life threatening disease and make my kids orphanes cause your to lazy to sterilize your shit i'm sueing and the fuck if you ain't going to prison for giving me a desease.anyone of your customers can sue the fuck out of you.and you think its hard to put food on the table now!what till every dime you make is going to some one you gave hep-b to.go to the health dept. take some classes 1 step......and why the hell would you want to learn something like this on the internet any ways....you have to learn this first hand,when i started i read the book and watched the videos they were'nt even close to some one showing you.do what bad wolf said show your art work to a tattooist in a shop.draw every day even if you don't want to.some of my best drawings came from when i didn't feel like it.and your right noone can stop you from tattooing unless you give someone a life threatening disease or you get one yourself,and about the other advise by proveing him wrong would be proveing him right...
SunDolphin28

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:34 pm

Can I ask how you can tell if a tattoo artist is sterile? Beside the obvious, of course? I've heard rumors that this one guy has Hep C but it came from people who obviously want me to go to another person for my tat. Just wondering?
BadWolf
Verified

Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:25 am

SunDolphin28 wrote:Can I ask how you can tell if a tattoo artist is sterile?

They test their semen.
indagadadaveeta

Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:13 am

straight tell dude what the 'other''guys are sayin,see what happens.there probably takin sh#t but tell dude.see if he call them on it.