opinion's wanted

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

layla

Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:11 pm

Hello to everyone out there. I am going to tell my story as short as I can.

I am almost 25 and I have wanted a tattoo since I was a kid. Of course I always knew I'd have to wait untill I was of age. When I was 16 I met a guy, fell in love... eight years later, fell out. It didn't end up being a very <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.ph ... th</a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.ph ... h</a></a>y realtionship. I don't know if he got more controlling as the years went on or if I just started to notice more. Anyway, the point to this is that he would never "allow" me to get a tattoo. Since then I have met a man who treats me the way I like to be treated. Okay so as for the tattoo questions. First, We both want to get a tattoo togther and I know what some people say about name tattoos. So, we were thinking of getting the same tattoo or each getting a half of a tattoo. I also want to get a small tattoo on the top of my foot. Anyones advice or opinion wanted.

Thanks, Layla :arrow: [/u]
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:24 pm

I would advise against the foot tattoo.
layla

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Why? Does it wear or hurt more than anyplace else?

Do you have any ideas about my guy/girl tattoo?

Thanks for your input. lay
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:30 pm

Tattoos work by putting pigment into the perminant layers of skin. In most of the body, those layers of skin are uniform and stable, and the pigment is held together fairly well. The hands and feet are the exception. In nearly 20 years in the business, and even seeing them for 20 years before that, I can honestly say I have NEVER seen one hold up well. Take some time and look around at the old timers with heavy coverage of tattoos that got tattooed on their hands and feet. Compared to the ones on the rest of their body, they will always suck. I have a tattoo on the top of one of my feet. It has faded severely, over a short time. from solid black to grey, and is somewhat blurry. I do not regret it, and the symbolism was more important to me than any other aspect. I am also a tattoo artist and can do whatever I want to it for free in the future, whereas you would have to pay someone to either fix or remove it. It isn't worth the hastle. I guarantee any work above the wrist or ankles....anywhere below the wrist or ankles, I make it perfectly clear that I don't even want to see it again. I'll still do it if someone insists, but I don't want to fix it later, and I don't want to hear anyone bitching about it. Their problem, now...They were warned, and they sign a waiver stating so.

As for the boy/girl tattoo, I can't really help much without knowing much more about the two of you.
layla

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:56 pm

Thank you for answering me. I just wanted a simple little star on top of my foot, and I'll be sure to think about what your saying. Now that you have said this it made me think. My father has tattoos and I can remember when I was around six or seven years old my favorite was on a star on his hand between his thumb and pointer finger. It was faded a lot more than the others, the color was faded and it wasn't as clear. As I got older he had it changed and I always wondered why! :wink:

As for the other question, we are really happy togther. He is a few years older than me (around 20 :) ) and I think that has a lot to do with why we get along so well. So I was thinking we cound get one-another's horoscope sign or something. Anyway thanks again.
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:05 pm

layla wrote:He is a few years older than me (around 20 :) ) and I think that has a lot to do with why we get along so well. .

Yes, all young ladies should find an older man, in my opinion. :D

My girlfriend is 30 and I am 40. It works well.