Any Ideas ? ? ?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

tsxaudio

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:47 pm

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a memorial tattoo.... My brother was killed 2 years ago and my father and I wanted to get matching memorial tats.... But nothing to cliche.... I want it to be unique, but nothing to big.... Simple, clean, and to the point....Any Ideas would be much appreciated.... Thanks, Matt :D
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Losing any family member is never easy.

A memorial tattoo is such a deeply personal thing... What are the things that remind you of him? Maybe he gave you something that you hold dear... perhaps he played sports or an instrument... or a hobby, for example. Something that he really liked that strongly reminds you of him. It might be so much more meaningful for you to find something that is a celebration of his life and try to create something that way.
A

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:15 pm

a portrait from your favorite photo of him.........???....may be too big for what you want though......

but like sharp said.......it has to be something that signifies your brother, and what he liked, did, believed, ect...........and anyone here did not know your brother.......you are really the only one who knows what those factors are, or would be.....

once you decide what those elements are, and which ones you want to incorperate into a design.... (example: your brother was a fireman, and he loved to fish......ect....and you want to stick with those two themes)........ we as artists, can come up with something from that..............but we ultimately need that starting point......

i would search around locally for a good artist once you choose what elements, and what style of design you are thinking of.........they will be able to get it down on paper, and rework it untill you are all happy with it.

before you commit to the permanent art......

look thru porfolios, and make sure they have a solid understanding of composition, color theory, ect....... basicly, that they have strong art skills.....

ultimately, the artist that draws the design, will tattoo it.......and you need to find that artist, in person.......and not on the net.

hope it helps.
Inkpacker

Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:30 am

name and dates
Inkpacker

Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:38 am

respectfully,