can anyone help??

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

mom_of_twins

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:56 am

Please don't be too hard on me...I am not a tattoo artist or even close...I have 2 tattoos and so does my husband so we are only approaching from the consumer side-with that said...I have six month old identical twin boys and I am trying to get them tattooed. Nothing drastic just a dot on their heel. My pediatrician even thinks it is a good idea...everyone mixes them up ( I know bad mom-right? :oops:) Even for medical reasons, like one of them is sick and the other isn't... Anyway, I live in St. Joseph, MO and they have a city ordinance against tattooing minors...so does Kansas City, MO. Does anyone know someone in the area who may be willing? It is not like they are girls and I can pierce their ears (you can do that at this age) or paint their toenails and the permanent marker keeps wearing off...please anyone??? Many thanks to those who take the time-my apologies to those whom I have offended with this request... :)
A

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:37 am

you will never convince me that one of these infants does not have some sort of destinguishing mark......a freckle, a mole, a little "notch" on the ear, what about the natural lines on their hands and feet?......all i can say is........i would look a little harder if i was you.....something HAS to be different.

and i would advise you to NOT put a tattoo on either of them..............you are honestly willing to push foriegn matter into your 6 month old childs blood stream? do you believe that infant has a well enough developed immune system?.....think about the possible outcomes.......NONE are good....most are very bad........

hell......toothpaste isnt supposed to be given to children under 6 yrs old......

think about what you are doing..............seriously.

then there are the issues of choice...........not good for you either..........

you are asking someone to permanently scar your 6 mth old child.....

child abuse, child endangerment, child neglect, ....these are just a few charges that could be brought against you........AND the person who does this to the infant(s).........i would almost bet, they would take those children away from you faster than you could say

"EXTREMELY BAD IDEA"
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:20 am

Why not cut off one's pinky.

I have "identical" twin boys, and can tell them apart with no problems.

I would recommend against this, and would never do it in my studio, nor do I know any professional worth a damn who would.
tat2tx
Location: shaw's tattoo studio 1660 westhiemer houston tx 77006

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:07 am

THE ADVISE YOU HAVE RECIEVED IS WISE.

i got in trouble for giving my 9 m. old at the time penut-butter & jelly sandwich due to Allergic Reaction possibilities so you can only imagine the possibilities of reactions to Tattoo Materials / pigments / soap/ ointments,,,,,,,,,,and on,,,,, and on........

Name Braclets is an idea thats safe! and makes great memrobilia.....aww

ancle monitor if one is bad :twisted: hahah....

Please for your kid's sake dont Tattoo them.............

your pedatrician should know this as well and im almost amazed one would suggest such a thing. my lil.girl's Dr. know's im a tattooist and made sure to discuse all the precations i know i had to take as far INFECTIOUS SUBSTANCE / Allergic Reaction possibilities with my child's heath in mind. he told me

"A Tattoo shop is not a good place for children so don't bring it home to her"

i change from my work clothes and make sure i'm well washed up before handleing mychild. I work in a CLEAN proffesional studio with a ton of History we have never Allowed some-one under the legal age to be Tattooed {for thier safty & heath}. Law's though we do'nt understand them sumtimes are made for legit reason's usualy human safty and health ................
A

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:49 pm

i am also amazed at the pediatricians seemingly major ignorance to the very real dangers of this........i would seriously question his qualifications and knowledge, and seriously look elsewhere for a different dr. for the safety of your children, if i were you.

i worked with an artist years ago that was constantly battling with his 2 year old daughters health.......she seemed to be always sick.....then she came down with a deadly upper respitory infection.....he took her to a different doctor , who immediatly recognized the problem.......just from asking him what he does for a living........(an older, more experienced dr.).......

when he came home from the studio at night, the first thing he would do is pick up the child.......and she was ingesting all of the bad things that are floating around and sticking to his clothes from the studio........

from then on ....he didnt go near his child without first showering and changing his clothes..........and the childs illness's ceased.
pink417

Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:51 am

OMG, I'm sitting here with my 6 month old boy and would never imagine making a choice like that, not only for medical reasons, but for ethical reasons. I have many hours of ink and Daddy doesnt. This ultimately is the childs choice, not yours. They are twins for a reason. What doesnt kill us makes us stronger. I would also be looking for a new Dr.
TheTattooArtist

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:58 am

:? NO NO NO! This is a bad idea! I have to agree that an i.d. tag of some sorts should be used. But for no reason what-so-ever should you have your twins tattooed! And if you can find someone to do this for you, I would quickly turn around and walk out the door! If the tattooist doesn't have enough morals to tell you NO, then chances are you may end up walking out with something else other than a new tattoo! Not to mention what that "dot" on the bottom of their foot will look like when they have grown.