Needles

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

mikey543

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:05 pm

Hey all ,

Recently about 7 months ago I started my apprenticeship here in newjersey at Al's tattoos. My apprenticeship was 100% free. Once he saw my sketch book he wanted my talent.I have been drawing lots of flash and learning about the skin layers and methods of doing different types of shading effects. Its really intense to see what is involved with tattooing. I give you all alot of credit for some of the art created with needles. Well on to my question. What is the difference in performance between taper tip needles to bullet tip needles ?My teacher has only used taper tip needles throughout his whole career so he couldn't really give me an honest answer. Well thanks for your time. If you all need any designs let me know and i'll see what I can put together for you.

Future Tattooist ,

Mike 8)
A

Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:01 pm

lemme get this straight.........your teacher cant explain to you the difference between two needle types?.............hahaa........thats just hilarious.......

thats like a carpenter telling his apprentice he doesnt know the difference between a ten penny nail and a finishing nail...........hahaaa

makes you wonder if he REALLY is QUALIFIED to be teaching.........i seriously dont believe he is.

amazing........and unbelievable............

but anyways........i am sure nobody QUALIFIED will be willing to discuss any technical questions as this on an open forum.
mikey543

Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:38 pm

Thanks for your knowledge.
mikey543

Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 pm

You know some of us can't afford to pay thousands of dollars for an apprenticeship at a QUALIFIED shop. I am just trying to do my best at what is being delt to me. I have done my run of the mill to all the local shops and at the time this is one of the only shops currently offering apprenticeships under $2,500. For free no less. I have learned ALOT from my Mentor and give him alot of credit for his skills but he is an old school artist. Well thanks anyway
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:38 am

Most "old school" artists don't use long taper needles.
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:13 am

What you're asking for is technical information. That type of information will not be answered on a public forum.
modifaerie

Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:24 pm

I am currently undergoing my free apprenticeship in a shop full of professionals who all know thier stuff. If tattooing is that important to you then getting a descent apprenticeship should be too. This was not the first free apprenticeship I was offered. But it was the first one I accepted. There is a reason for this....