Welcome to the forum! PLEASE READ FIRST

Give a brief introduction of who you are and your interest in tattoos. <br> <a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/member.php?action=uploadform">Upload tattoos here</a>

Moderators: sidelvar, EvilJay

mykel605
Hardcore

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:36 pm

i just joined and this is my first reading, i am glad to see intelligent rebutal to this scratcher wannabe crying for validation, bravo!!

canvasyou, come on, scratcher teaching scratcher, WTF, this concept is really simply part of the same old problem, you thinking there is a work around for proper training, in my opinion, one simply can not teach themselves what they don't know, its that simply. you can't buy a "kit" and reverse engineer the idea and if you think you can, your a idiot, there is no but... or perhaps sometimes...., its not possible, yet you want to vadilate your silly, foolish attempt to justify your position, come on,man, the only thing that you said that had a bit of intelligence was that people should be limited to what they can buy and need a license or permit of some kind to purchase equipment. i have at my studio a bounty on "kits" i'll give a discount if the person gives me their "kits" i know it ain't much but i feel every little bits helps -mykel
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:38 pm

yorvo wrote:
iamcaseychaos wrote:Tattooing is like a minor surgery. Would YOU want an unlicensed, untrained doctor giving you stitches? .....Yes, teach them to be sterile...but don't tell them where to get the supplies.....
Exactly. Your sight is like teaching abortionists they should sterilize the hangers.

HAHAHA, word.
Ringo

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Hey there. New to the site, glad to see some actual tattoo artist around. Sticking up fot what they believe in. Right on. Think I might hang around for awhile.... :lol:
Aivanne
Hardcore

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Ringo wrote:Hey there. New to the site, glad to see some actual tattoo artist around. Sticking up fot what they believe in. Right on. Think I might hang around for awhile.... :lol:
that s the spirit
critter1968

Mon May 12, 2008 12:51 am

Hi, my name is Chris and I just joined. I got my first tattoo two years ago. I am looking for soom cool wizard tattoos. If anyone knows any websites please let me know. Thanks.
HEIRLOOMJOHN
Hardcore

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:24 pm

when i get done with my tattoos at the tattoo shop and the blood is all oozing out of me --i realize how many thousands of times those needles go in to me --i am glad to say every thing is all sterilized and they make you aware that its done-- the have 2 large machines there
so go to some one that really cares about you & has your winning trophies in their windows !!
AngelFire_9375

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 am

Hey everyone,I'm new here,looking to find friends with the same interests as me. I got total of 6 tats currently.I'm hoping to get more soon.I'm 33 yrs.old and seriously wanting to be able to do tattooing.I've checked out the tattooing schools,but I'm really leary about them ,and I'm trying to get a apprenticeship somewhere around where I live.But I just wanted to say hey and I welcome any and all comments and suggestions.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 am

Angelfire welcome you should start your own thread in this section to introduce yourself. there is alot of good info on here on apprenticeships.
Rider68
Hardcore

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 am

buttwheat wrote:Angelfire welcome you should start your own thread in this section to introduce yourself. there is alot of good info on here on apprenticeships.
Ditto.

Welcome!
temperamentaltattoo

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:24 pm

look I am third generation tattooist and there has been a vast amount of changes through out the years one of the most noticible changes is in the area of sterile application I know there is a lot of things available to anybody via the internet so we should always lend a little information to those who need it exspecially when it comes to this area I believe that no matter whether you are a great artist or the backroom scratcher you need to understand safe practices remeber if these scratchers go giving somebody something it effects all those involved in this art form huge issues arise from these unsafe practices that affect all of us
tattjunkie

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Right on donkey kong! I just happened to stumble upon this site lookin for something else but it sounded kosher. I just have a weeee lil question. Instead of a stick can I be poked with very dull weenie roaster? peace inny at yall :)>-
canvasyou

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:27 pm

mykel605 wrote:i just joined and this is my first reading, i am glad to see intelligent rebutal to this scratcher wannabe crying for validation, bravo!!

canvasyou, come on, scratcher teaching scratcher, WTF, this concept is really simply part of the same old problem, you thinking there is a work around for proper training, in my opinion, one simply can not teach themselves what they don't know, its that simply. you can't buy a "kit" and reverse engineer the idea and if you think you can, your a idiot, there is no but... or perhaps sometimes...., its not possible, yet you want to vadilate your silly, foolish attempt to justify your position, come on,man, the only thing that you said that had a bit of intelligence was that people should be limited to what they can buy and need a license or permit of some kind to purchase equipment. i have at my studio a bounty on "kits" i'll give a discount if the person gives me their "kits" i know it ain't much but i feel every little bits helps -mykel
okay.. first of all sorry took me so long to reply - i was in iraq for a bit (one weekend a month thing) This is similar argument to the condoms for kids.. they are going to "get-it-on" - as long as you can buy a "kit" in a magazine - then you will have kids tattooing... the concept of www.TeachMeToTattoo.com is not to teach the kids with the kits how to tattoo... if they wanted to they could buy the tattoo bible or tattoo guide.. ect - those A-Z books promise to get you tattooing a few days and open your own shop in weeks... the point of Teach Me To Tattoo is an apprentice guide. the only secret to tattooing is that it is not rocket science - its just a culmination of technical ability THAT YOU CAN REALLY ONLY LEARN FROM AN APPRENTICESHIP - but there is technical theory that can be learned by book or in text... sometimes - a new apprentice might want to get OTHER input on his journey... I have seen some BAD tattoo artists who not only WORK in a shop - but they OWN a shop... tattoo is very mainstream now - .. i have to ask - are you worried about scratchers hurting each other - or hurting your check book? I have found that the most insecure artists are the ones who are so defensive about tattoo schools and tattoo knowledge sharing sites. At a minimum my website is aimed to teach PROPER sanitation - and aimed to get scratchers to use disposable tubes and tips... and educate the PUBLIC about scratchers - so people don't think that a cheap tattoo at a guy's apartment - is a good deal... before you knock the site - as a professional, i invite you all to take a peak - and try to make a positive impact on the industry. I am not about "bashing" anyone... no need - thank you for reading this long post..
canvasyou

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:34 pm

yorvo wrote:
iamcaseychaos wrote:Tattooing is like a minor surgery. Would YOU want an unlicensed, untrained doctor giving you stitches? .....Yes, teach them to be sterile...but don't tell them where to get the supplies.....
Exactly. Your sight is like teaching abortionists they should sterilize the hangers.
by the way... if i did get an abortion w/ a hanger.. i would want it to be a sterile one.. haha
i respect your opinion - just have a different view..
i think that they "scratchers" are going to tattoo at home -
and most really really good professionals will admit that they started off tattooing at home - as we all LOVE to believe that we all started tattooing as apprentices.. you know? You ever read any of the interviews in MachineGun magazine? or see any of the pro-forums... its not a secret..
Yes - YOU SHOULD get an apprenticeship - NO you should NOT tattoo at home..
for the record - i am against tattoo kits being sold to public.. but as long as they are - there should be an easily accessible education system.. or some equivalent..
just my $0.02
canvasyou

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 pm

kohlhaas wrote:You're fucking kidding me, right? ....
Why do you think this is acceptable?

They will never put down the money needed for an autoclave. They will not likely learn the right way.
And how many "tattoo artists" in a professional studio - run spore tests on a weekly basis? how many take apart a 5 piece grip and tube stem all the way when scrubbing? or do they leave it fully assembled - and then drop in ultra sonic - then autoclave.. only to find some black pigment falling out of the tube when they dip the "sterile" tip into some yellow??

I am an advocate of disposable tips as it is - only because I have seen many a shop - "with an autoclave" and they are NOT medically trained employees - and they are not spore testing in proper intervals...

Its not a "can't beat em' then join em'" mentality.. its a "lets fix the industry from the ground up and legitimize the overall picture"

whether you like it or not - the industry is evolving.. its going to be the artists or the govt / health dept.. (and god forbid the state board of cosmetology) that are going to be your enforcer... which do you want to be the enforcer?

i do see your point though - and i respect it..
BadTaste
Verified

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 pm

canvasyou wrote:
And how many "tattoo artists" in a professional studio - run spore tests on a weekly basis? how many take apart a 5 piece grip and tube stem all the way when scrubbing?
It's funny you say that because its exactly what Kohls shop does :p Not that most shops do... i just had a giggle that you made that particular point to her.