Camera at Hell City?

Upcoming Convention Forum<br>
<a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooconventions/">Convention List 2013</a>

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Tattude

topshotta

Thu May 15, 2008 11:32 am

I'm going down to Columbus this weekend for the Hell City Tattoo convention. I was reading through the rules on their website and came upon this:

*Press Passes are available for TV & Radio stations, Newspapers, and Industry Magazines only. No professional cameras allowed without a Press Pass! Click here for the pass.

Does anyone know what is considered a professional camera? I had planned on taking along my 35mm digital SLR with a few of my lenses. Do you think this would be an issue?
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 am

call the promoters. Otherwise you run the risk of either not bringing it and missing out on pics or bringing it and having to leave it in your car. Both not good.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu May 15, 2008 3:44 pm

I would say yes, it would be an issue.. Just go buy a point and shoot digital. It will take better pictures than that antique you have anyway. I just picked up a refurbished Nikon 6MP for $60 the other night to leave in my truck.. I would say and full body with additional lenses, they are gonna have issue with....
topshotta

Thu May 15, 2008 5:05 pm

word... I'll bring my Fuji Digital Point & Shoot...

FYI - the other beast that I have is by no means an antique. It's a digital SLR and blows the pants off of any point and shoot.