queen mary, long beach cali, questions

Upcoming Convention Forum<br>
<a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooconventions/">Convention List 2013</a>

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Tattude

davey_p
Hardcore

Mon May 28, 2007 8:31 pm

So finally im going to my first convention on june 9th, it is supposed to be a huge convention on the queen mary, in long beach california, i bought the tickets, and i was just curious if anyone has gone before, and i wanted to know what should i expect? there are supposed to be people from all over the world coming

and second im sure you can get tattoo's there.. like how can i trust people i never heard of? would you guys say just to look around and get ideas and just go to my trusted tattoo artist for work.. or if i like there work should i get something done? like is it a safe time and place to get work done?

third.. if lets say it is a good place to get work done, is it normally cheaper to get it done there? free? lol

from the sounds of it, it sounds like its a huge convention it says to get there before 12pm, or else there wont be any parking and you have to take shuttles provided to get you from the other parking to the queen mary?

Im not going to lie i really am hoping for something really big, should i? or am i just keeping my hopes up to high? lol
Tattude
Hardcore

Wed May 30, 2007 7:40 am

It's very party like atmosphere during the evenings/nights but chill during the day.

Choosing an artist to get work by is easy, just look at there portfolio...
GET work done there... you have a chance to actually get amazing work from amazing artists.

Free :lol: Usually cheaper though! 99% of the time it's artists charge less at conventions
davey_p
Hardcore

Thu May 31, 2007 9:48 pm

cool... thanx for the info.. ill take pictures and ill give some insite on how it was.. its like 2 weeks away.. :D cant wait
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:49 am

Good luck, but after about 10-20 you realize there all pretty much the same. WHICH isn't a bad thing...I still go all the time.