Stupid question but what the hell....

Upcoming Convention Forum<br>
<a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooconventions/">Convention List 2013</a>

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Tattude

LovesMeGuinness

Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:33 am

Ok I am a newbie, and maybe because I have never heard of a tattoo convention in MN, but what goes on at a tattoo convention?
Is is for artist? Tattoo collectors? A excuse to get wasted all weekend?

Can a person walk up to an artist and get work done?

Like I said a am a newbie, but trying to learn...

Also, any tips on a good local show, MN, WI, IL, Iowa convention to attend to get the flavor for it???

Thanks
tattoodscotsman

Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 am

Hi there,
I got my second piece done at the San Fransisco Tattoo Expo in August. It is a chance for you to see many artists work at one time- often people not from the local area, and get work done. There are usually competitions for best"..." tat I walked round the whole place looking at books and went back to the guy who I thought had the best book for the type of work I wanted. I had a really good experience with it.
David
Yimmy
Hardcore

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:36 am

Shades of Blue 17th annual show
January 26,27,28
La Crosse Center
La Crosse WI

For all midwest tour shows you can check out
www.tattooshow.com
They are listed as they become set for dates and locations.
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:18 pm

Tattoo conventions are unbelievably fun… You can check out artists from around the world. Do some portfolio shopping unless you want work done by someone who is well known/famous. Then I would book appointment months ahead to assure your appointment. They have bands, fetish shows; contests for all types of tattoos, games, and of course tons of tattoos and piercings. It’s cool to meet and party with all the artists and other tattoo enthusiasts. They start on Thursday and end on Sunday. Thursday’s are the meet and greet day and usually is the day most of the artists party hardy but Friday and Saturday are the busy days…especially Saturday. The more you go to, the more fun you’ll have. I go to about 8-10 a year and you’ll see many of the same people over and over…it’s like a fu-ked up traveling family of sorts. lol