Show Your Face!

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

reefdiver
Hardcore

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Gloom wrote:I think everyone should stop trying to lump people into groups.
well, except for those tattoo people group.......... they are the worst :D
yorvo
Hardcore

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Who drinks the Steel Reserve?
Bixler
Hardcore

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

yorvo wrote:Who drinks the Steel Reserve?
the homeless.
fe
Hardcore

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:56 pm

gloom, you're just saying that because they called you a hipster.
yorvo
Hardcore

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Bixler wrote:
yorvo wrote:Who drinks the Steel Reserve?
the homeless.
That's when I started. When I was homeless.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:29 pm

we all drink steelies. I'm a fan of the really cheap really high octane beers like natty daddy and steel reserve, they give you more bang for your buck, but they definitely give a worse hangover than most watered down beers like budweiser and pbr.

fe, I don't care that people call me a hipster lol but I do think stereotyping people is lame, I think in america we're heavily into this "dumbing down" of our culture where we're all supposed to be tethered to our idevices getting the latest updates and blindly following the flock. finding ways to discriminate and stereotype people is just a way of brainwashing us into thinking "this is how we're all supposed to look and act" as people that are part of a tattoo community, I think it's ironic that we'd subscribe to that line of thinking when we're all clearly trying to make some individual statement.
fe
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm

ha ha. alright alright. i was just kiddin. jeez. personally i don't give a shit if people label me, and sometimes i ask people what my box is and they don't really know what to say ha ha. actually i do find that i have a hard time because the tattoo community doesn't readily accept me cause i look too normal... like i buy clothes from j crew, i'm a mom. and then normal people don't readily accept me because i have tattoos... i'm not sure whether or not having a box is something i like or not. sometimes it's easier to fit in...
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Bixler wrote:ya the term "hipster" is kind of thrown around loosely, especially where i live in southern california. For the most part it is a lanky dude with a mustache, drinking a can of PBR, sportin' a haircut that looks like it was performed by a blind woman (when it actually cost more than his epic fixie bike thats chained up outside the "Punk" bar), talking about a band that he heard that is so epic and original that he is the only one to have even heard of them. Wearing skinny jeans, and t-shirt with a logo of an old NES video game. Thick brimmed black glasses optional.

Thats funny as hell. Come to think of it we have these people too. They hang out at the local shit brewery/pizza place and do poetry slams. Don't forget the fedora hat and beenie in the middle of summer.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm thankful to have a really good group of friends that are totally accepting of me (one of the perks of living close to a major city I guess.) But I would consider myself a somewhat insecure person for as comfortable as I am in my station in life.

People are just always judging and sometimes it's good, sometimes it sucks, and a lot of the time I don't care, or can pretend that I don't. I find as I get older and appreciate the few people who really do give a shit and can fit me into their busy schedule and vice-verse, are really the only ones worth spending time and energy on. I'm content with that.

Worrying about labels and not fitting in is something I struggled with a lot in my teens and twenties and I try hard to not descend back into those trappings.
fe
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

oh yea... well friends is a different story. ha ha. i've had most of my friends since high school and they accept me ha ha.
F250JR
Hardcore

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Gloom wrote:I'm thankful to have a really good group of friends that are totally accepting of me (one of the perks of living close to a major city I guess.) But I would consider myself a somewhat insecure person for as comfortable as I am in my station in life.

People are just always judging and sometimes it's good, sometimes it sucks, and a lot of the time I don't care, or can pretend that I don't. I find as I get older and appreciate the few people who really do give a shit and can fit me into their busy schedule and vice-verse, are really the only ones worth spending time and energy on. I'm content with that.

Worrying about labels and not fitting in is something I struggled with a lot in my teens and twenties and I try hard to not descend back into those trappings.
I completely feel you on that man...that's the bad thing about living in the south for me...I didn't grow up on a farm hunting deer and stuff, so I don't really fit in with the good ole boys, and I'm definitely not a "rich from daddy's old money" type of guy...Those two groups of people make up a majority of the south. I know...generalizations suck. But they are generally true. I don't really fit into most southern cultural "groups".

I've come to value the people who just don't give a shit about how someone looks or what "group" they fit into, and just take people as they are. It doesn't matter how somebody looks...I'm sure we're all way more complicated than we look on the outside. For good and bad reasons. I know that's true for me. And that's one of the reasons why I like tattoos too...they're individual and you sort of have to ignore what other people think in order to get them. Friends and family who accept you the way you are without judging are really what's most important.

OK...done with my soapbox haha.
fe
Hardcore

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 am

a toast to us uniquely fuck up folks.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:14 am

I've never been into trends especially clothes or jewelry, I've rocked a shaved head, baseball hats, jeans, & t-shirts since I was 7, and will probably still be doing the same at 67. I just never cared to spend my money on that shit and just thought it was cheesy.
I grew up with so many kids that constantly went through identity crisis'. One month they were "wiggers" wearing giant jerseys, XXL hats to the side, sagging their pants, etc. Then a month later they were cowboys. Then you'd see em tie dyed out in greatful dead shit and ten pounds of hemp necklaces, anklets, bracelets, and nappy hair.
I like what I like and have never tried to fit in a category. I hate things that become "trendy" or popular like North Face Jackets. Any time me an my girl go to the mall or store instead of playing Slug Bug, we play Slug North Face. I know I'm an asshole but I love making fun of sheep.
I grew up in the south and I hate country music(except for a couple J.Cash songs), I love Jeeps, Guns, rat rods, the lake & ocean, never got into deer hunting but love to fish; especially spearfishing free diving or on air. I've always liked motorcycles and tattoos but hate the biker look. I guess I'm just a weird tri-polar fuck.
Last edited by JimiDanglez on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brohes

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:01 am

and without the hair usually..
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Look out HIPSTER COMING THROUGH!!!!