Custom Barbwire face.

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Nerevarina
Hardcore

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:15 pm

If I scanned a picture in, and posted it up here, would you be up to the challenge of trying to create the face of the thing just for the hell of it?

...I'm just kind of wondering because it would be fawesome.
Malik
Hardcore

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:10 am

eh, I don't really do, "just for the hell of it." I do, "just for the cash of it." :D

Don't really have time to do stuff that wont make money, sorry.
Nerevarina
Hardcore

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:15 pm

Hm... no, it sounds like you said you'd like a challenge and you do things for the hell of it sometimes.

Oh well. I wanted to show off my picture...
Zack
Hardcore

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:33 pm

Malik,
Did you get my e-mail I sent you at secondskin? It would be awesome if you could help me out!!! :twisted:
HomerTheGreat

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:53 pm

WOW! That is really, really cool! I bet some serious time goes into making one of those. You have what I like to call, skillz.
Malik
Hardcore

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:30 am

Hey Zack,

I did get the email just now, *just got home from work*

What you're asking is called a one off commission. Basically stopping everything to do one project for one person. I would need 3 pics, 2 profile, one from the front. One from the back would be cool too, and 3/4 profiles would help immensely.

'However', what you're asking isn't cheap. It's usually over a grand.

Before you faint there's 2 reasons:

One, it takes the same amount of material to make the 'one' copy as it would if I were making a mold to make dozens of copies.

Two, I can't sell any copies to recoup material lost. For example: If someone says they really love some famous monster in a movie and want me to make them a realistic copy. If it's a monster that I know other people will buy, then I can do a lower price because I know I'll make it up in the long wrong. But your project while sounding very cool would be a one time thing. Plus there would have to be 2 molds, one for the head, and one for the neck stump. Plus the foam filling so that it's a solid head? Shooo, yeah you're talking about alot of work. And that means all the other masks that I do to put food in my belly would have to be put on hold and those customers would have to wait.

and well, this time of year, noone wants to wait, lol. Octobers around the corner.

So yes I can do what you're asking, but it will take awhile to get it done and shipped, and it wouldn't be cheap.

sorry, probably not the answer you're looking for. But it does sound like a neat idea, and yeah the look on that persons face would be priceless. :D