Helmet

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

meantime000

Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Anyone a fan of these guys? ive been listening to them for a while, so I was pretty excited to get an advance of their cd at my job at umg. after hearing it a few times, i loved it its probably my favorite cd ive heard from them. if youre a fan of heavy rock/metal, i think youd like it a lot. listen to some of it at www.mp3.com/helmet to see what you think
CxCx
Verified

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:37 am

Betty is a classic. Haven'y heard any of their new stuff yet, i may have to check it out
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:46 am

Just seen them with NOFX, Rise Against etc... Awesome band
The new Three Days Grace CD is kick ass...every song
Just to let ya'll know if you didn't
CxCx
Verified

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:19 am

My girl has the last 3DG record, and I thought it wa sterrible. Maybe it's the fact that that paticular form of radio metal isn't my thing, or maybe it's the fact that every song sounds the same/uses the set-up formula, but i just didn't dig it. I'll prolly look into helmet's new release, but i since myself staying away from 3DG
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:32 am

The new one is way better then the first, but I liked the first one too. Not every song mind you but a few of them.
I've had the Rise Against in my CD player for almost a week now...can't seem to get sick of hearing them yet? lol
CxCx
Verified

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:23 pm

I'm not into rise against. I thought that their record on fat was TERRIBLE, and their stuff since they've signed to a major has just been more of the same. My girl likes their song "Swing life away", which, admittedly, is pretty catchy. I just think that their "punk rock rebellion" comes across as manufactured. Eh, different strokes for different folks I guess
Tattude
Hardcore

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 am

CxCx wrote:Eh, different strokes for different folks I guess
I agree with that…

Back in the day when people knocked bands for getting major labels (like with the old Green Day among many others) I was mad and boycotted them. After a while I heard some songs from them again and thought wow, they still rock. All my boys the type with “Punks Not Dead” shirts/jackets, combat boots, various colored hair, various tattoos and piercings, etc… hated them and for what? Because there making money now? Long story short, if I connect with the music for any reason, I’m going to like them regardless. What I HATE is when bands put out three songs and those are the only three f-ing songs on the whole album that are any good. THAT pisses me off and happens all to often.