18 and Up only

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

At what age should you allowed to get a tattoo in your opinion?

18 and up
78%
14 to 17 is ok, they are old enough
22%
eh, any age from 12 and up is ok by me...
No votes

Total votes: 41
WhiteOleander
Hardcore

Thu May 25, 2006 12:21 pm

haha
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu May 25, 2006 12:37 pm

statefelon716 wrote:And to tattude THATS WHAT THEY CALL CHILD ABUSE A*SHOLE.
Please explain to me what I said was child abuse?
Hitting your children isn't child abuse... :roll:
This is why you sold yourself on the streets for money and why your life SUCKED so bad.
YOU have NO discipline in your life. And you say your catholic haha Catholics hit there children more then any other religion on the planet...PS I'm all for it.
My parents did the same for me. I don't swear in front of my parents to this day and I'm 31 years old! (Oh, I curse like a sailor too) I NEVER back talked my parents! Because of my up-bringing I'm a VERY successful person in my personal and professional life. I owe this to my parents who BEAT the shit out of me when I crossed the line.
I NEVER once thought of my beatings as abuse.
KIDS now days need the OLD ways to come back...
So, please SHUT UP already! I'm giving FREE beatings to all children at 6:00pm down town Orlando this Friday night. Just in case your in the area?
lovablegurl
Hardcore

Thu May 25, 2006 12:46 pm

OOOOH Free Beatings!!!! I totally Wanna Be there for that... might be quite entertaining LMAO
WhiteOleander
Hardcore

Fri May 26, 2006 10:02 am

im in with you on that one too...

yeah i was raised catholic, and to me, the way this kid talks he is FAR from it lol. my mom went for the belt, bare hand, and wooden spoon which hurts like shit... but i respect her for it now, and you better believe if my kid ever turned out like this "statefelon" kid his ass would be black and blue for the rest of his life if he didnt straighten up... but yeah, catholics are definately very into physical punishment, but it stays in your mind longer than, "dont do it again," cuz you remember that sting...
Tattude
Hardcore

Fri May 26, 2006 11:32 am

Yup, that sting...
My dad would fold the belt in half and on the way to my room he would snap it however many times I was going to get hit with it... :cry:

Oh, and I remember the wooden cooking spoon. :shock:
lovablegurl
Hardcore

Fri May 26, 2006 11:37 am

ya i always got the wooden spoon or the razer strap.... man that one always hurt!! i would try to run away but that made the punishment that much worse because my parents would get even more mad if they had to chase me down first.... :roll:
My grandma used to use a flyswatter too!!! Thos hurt like a son of a..... :shock:
catgal
Hardcore

Fri May 26, 2006 12:41 pm

My dad was a belt man. Would snap it just like you described Tattude! My mom preferred the open handed slap, but did once get me good with a wooden spoon. I am 37. So these methods have been around for a while! :wink:
WhiteOleander
Hardcore

Fri May 26, 2006 2:16 pm

haha the fly swatter i forgot about that one lol... that thing hurts like crap.... and would leave the imprint on you....

oh the sound of the snapping belt, that one selt me running and i still get scared when i hear it now.....

haha i used to try and run, i dont know if any one else did ,but my mom used to hold on to one of my arms to keep me from moving and i would start trying to run and we would end up running in a circle with me trying to get away and her holding me trying to keep me still.. haha but like you said it just made her ever more mad and i got it ten times worse after that...

see thats all these kids need a good ass kicking.lol
rslco_525

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:35 am

lol wow I am glad none of you are my parents! Although I have done my share of stepping out of line...and getting beaten around for it. Honestly, I agree. As someone who is 15 I learned a hell of a lot from getting thrown around a little. Never again will I walk all over my mom.
But that's not really what I was going to talk about...I am 15 and I agree with tattooing at a reputable shop where it is legal (most places only allow this when you are 16 w/ parental consent) ONLY if the tattoo has meaning. And I don't mean like the anarchy sign that whiteoleander wanted when she was 14...because she is right, meanings and interpretations change with maturity and life experience...but I am getting a tattoo with both of my parents to symbolize our relationship. (My parents have and will be best friends my whole life) Even the kid who is getting the praying hands should think twice. 2 years ago I didn't believe in God and I have found the best way to show respect is just going to church! Besides even if a shop will tattoo you at 16 w/ parental consent (they are difficult to find sometimes) you should not just go there because they will do it...you shouldn't compromise the quality or cleanliness of the tattoo, just so you can have a tattoo.
With that said I think that all tattoos no matter what age should be thought out carefully...but even more so when you are my age.
maxpower

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:48 pm

What goes around, comes around. My oldest son now has kids of his own. It's often humorous to see how he worries about what his oldest is doing and how much of a handful he is. Hahahaha!

As someone famous once said..."If we don't learn from our mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them."

And by the way RSLCO...you are smarter than your 15 years. Good to see someone who actually thinks first before jumping in and getting a tattoo. It's going to be with you for a long damn time...might as well do it right!
spunkberry
Hardcore

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 am

I agree that 14 is too immature for a tattoo. I mean, sure I'm gonna sound feminist now (no offense to the guys 30 and over), but teenage guys generally think 5 years younger than they are...so a 14 year old has a 9 year old's thinking system.

and I find it extremely strange that the world says "don't hit your children, it's abuse" and all those kids that never got hit in their lives say that it should be a law not to hit your kids when the kids that DID get hit when they were younger are shouting for parents today to hit their children. if those who got hit want people to hit their children, wouldn't that make you think?

kids these days are despicable.
purplesparklytoes
Hardcore

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:04 am

spunkberry wrote:
and I find it extremely strange that the world says "don't hit your children, it's abuse" and all those kids that never got hit in their lives say that it should be a law not to hit your kids when the kids that DID get hit when they were younger are shouting for parents today to hit their children. if those who got hit want people to hit their children, wouldn't that make you think?

kids these days are despicable.
I agree. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant with my first child and I already know I'm gonna spank em when they need it. My parents hit me and my husbands parents hit him and we both turned out just fine. Besides I've noticed that my friends who already have kids, and believe in spankings, have normal friendly well behaved kids. My friends who don't spank have obnoxious little rats that I wouldn't wish on the worst babysitters I know. Before I got pregnant I found myself avoiding their calls because I knew they were gonna ask me to babysit. Not only that but almost all of the morons I know in my town had parents that didn't spank. That's proof enough for me.
spunkberry
Hardcore

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:10 am

purplesparklytoes wrote:I agree. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant with my first child and I already know I'm gonna spank em when they need it. My parents hit me and my husbands parents hit him and we both turned out just fine. Besides I've noticed that my friends who already have kids, and believe in spankings, have normal friendly well behaved kids. My friends who don't spank have obnoxious little rats that I wouldn't wish on the worst babysitters I know. Before I got pregnant I found myself avoiding their calls because I knew they were gonna ask me to babysit. Not only that but almost all of the morons I know in my town had parents that didn't spank. That's proof enough for me.
that's good. we need more better behaved children. the coming generations are despicable, like I said. children these days don't fear their parents cos their parents are basically spineless fools who actually fear their own children. my mom, hoo boy, don't mess with her!
blackandwhitee

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:13 am

Okay, so I'm 16 and I agree with you guys about how children should respect their parents. But what if the kid is thinking seriously about what they are going to get and researching an appropriate place to get it. What if they don't get something obnoxious? Like on the inner wrist? Is that still wrong?
spunkberry
Hardcore

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:23 am

blackandwhitee wrote:Okay, so I'm 16 and I agree with you guys about how children should respect their parents. Although, you are all making it sound like the kids that do get tattoos under 18 are going to grow up and be bums. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo this year or the next. Some people, like me, are actually going to get something understandable, not something obnoxious. What if it is something completely innocent and little in a place that doesn't stand out. Like on the inner wrist? Is that still wrong?
well we don't mean that they'll grow up to be bums, but most of the time, decisions made at an age below 18 (repeat: MOST of the time, not always) are regretted later in life because at the time of the decision, the maturity of the individual hadn't kicked in. "I just wanted it cos it was cool." getting a tattoo isn't wrong, but getting a tattoo under 18 is just a little too eurgh for my taste.

I mean, I've wanted a tattoo since I was 15, but I wasn't allowed to get one by my parents and I wasn't 18. now I'm 18, my mom gave me the go and I just got one. Three years waiting...so worth it.