Welcome to the forum! PLEASE READ FIRST

Give a brief introduction of who you are and your interest in tattoos. <br> <a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/member.php?action=uploadform">Upload tattoos here</a>

Moderators: sidelvar, EvilJay

kohlhaas
Hardcore

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:58 pm

Welcome to everytattoo.com! This is the introduction section where you can start a thread to tell the forum about yourself. When introducing yourself, you are encouraged to start your own thread rather than add to someone else's.

The stickies in the tattoo section cover the following frequently asked questions, but since this section is sometimes the first that people visit, I thought it might be helpful to briefly go over a few pointers here.

**Read ALL stickies. If you do not read the stickies, you will almost certainly end up getting crap from the regulars. It is in YOUR BEST INTEREST to read them!

*We cannot tell you what tattoo you should get. We don't know you, and therefore would be terrible at deciding what you should get permanently marked on your body. If you ask us for tattoo ideas, we will most likely tell you to get a garden hose.

*We don't know how much your tattoo will cost. We really can't even give estimates. Hourly rates vary from place to place and artist to artist, so even if you ask for a ballpark estimate, any estimate given could be hundreds of dollars off, and therefore would not be helpful to you in the least. Your best bet is to find a reputable artist to speak with.

*Nobody here can design/draw your tattoo for you. That's what tattoo artists are for :) If you're looking for a certain sort of design or picture to use as reference, google often works wonders.

*Yes, it hurts. Each person is different, so we cannot tell you what you will feel. Some places hurt more than others for most people, but not all.

We at everytattoo.com are very opinionated, and we believe in expressing it. Honesty is better than lies any day of the week. We're here to help, not stroke egos.

If you spell at a third grade level, all responses you receive will most likely be mocking it. If you use text speak, you will be poked with sticks. If you insist on using caps lock, we will insist on letting you know how annoying it is.

That said...

Welcome, and we hope you enjoy your stay!
Last edited by kohlhaas on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:50 pm

looks okie dokie to me
ArtRevolver
Hardcore

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:52 pm

Yes, add a naked picture of yourself holding a "Welcome!" sign, ahaha! You could be all cute and have the sign covering up your cash and prizes :wink: If that doesn't make people excited to join, nothing will!
hanalotus
Hardcore

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:02 am

That's an awesome post, Kohlhaas. Now let's hope they all actually read it. :)

Haha well I'll keep my fingers crossed...
choo
Hardcore

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:15 am

* I dont care who you are and what your idea is > it sucks

* Please keep all arms, legs and bodyparts inside the forum at all times

* Dont feed the regulars
InkHo
Hardcore

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:42 am

*You must be THIS tall to ride.
canvasyou

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:42 am

Every one seems so edgy and hostile in tattoo community -
I am starting a web site [LINK EDITED OUT]

For young artists who are just getting feet wet (ie scratching) people talk so badly about it - but tattoo had to start somewhere - and some people are not able to apprentice right away.

I feel that people should KNOW basic aseptic technique and how to be CLEAN and SAFE - its like kids and sex.. they are going to do it - talking bad about it is not going to stop it. You need to promote healthy decisions - and EDUCATE.

(((THIS PART WAS EDITED OUT because it was taken out of context!)))

Tattoo needs to be the same - its an ART - so don't stop artists.

Tattoo CAN be done - safely.. I don't know a professional artist who doesn't take his machiens home now and again - so its the do as I say not as I do rule?

Lets fix this mess - before the GOVT. steps in and regulates.

-Charles
www.canvasyou.com
Last edited by canvasyou on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:39 am

You're fucking kidding me, right? You've decided that the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality is the best idea? If scratchers gave a shit about their customers and were in it for the right reasons (ART, not money), then they would have sought out an apprenticeship. If they got turned down, they would have worked at improving their artistic skills, then they would have tried again.

Why do you think this is acceptable?

They will never put down the money needed for an autoclave. They will not likely learn the right way. They will spend years butchering people and infecting people before they reach a point where someone will be willing to help them. You cannot teach over the internet. It is not possible. You cannot learn tattooing from reading about it, or watching videos. You should know that. You are no better than a scratcher yourself.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:52 am

And how is encouraging scratchers "fixing this mess"? More states should have regulations about sterilization standards. I would prefer a group of vigilantes who chopped off scratchers' hands to yet another bullshit site that encourages these assholes to scar and infect people. You don't need to help scratchers. There is no need to cater to the lowest common denominator. Doing so makes you no better than they are.

If people are not able to apprentice right away, then they either are not committed enough, or they need to simply wait until they reach a point in their lives that they can. I changed my entire life for an apprenticeship, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't see why others cannot do the same if they truly believe that tattooing is their dream.

Tattoo studios do not need to become as common as hair salons. That's what cars and airplanes are for.
plusmin

Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:28 am

looks like very helpful.
noted.
peat

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:16 pm

canvasyou wrote:Every one seems so edgy and hostile in tattoo community -
I am starting a web site [LINK EDITED OUT]

For young artists who are just getting feet wet (ie scratching) people talk so badly about it - but tattoo had to start somewhere - and some people are not able to apprentice right away.

I feel that people should KNOW basic aseptic technique and how to be CLEAN and SAFE - its like kids and sex.. they are going to do it - talking bad about it is not going to stop it. You need to promote healthy decisions - and EDUCATE.

My goal or dream is that tattoo will be as common as hair salon. You will always have you high end salons - but you will also have your "cost-cutters" or "fantastic sams" home of the $10.00 style.

Tattoo needs to be the same - its an ART - so don't stop artists.

Tattoo CAN be done - safely.. I don't know a professional artist who doesn't take his machiens home now and again - so its the do as I say not as I do rule?

Lets fix this mess - before the GOVT. steps in and regulates.

-Charles
www.canvasyou.com
I just knew I was going to upset someone and it's only my second post, but:
What is this Bullshit?
8€ tattoos??????
Sure but you don't mind if I don't sterilise or change the needles? They're not blunt yet!
And what does he mean by 'Tattoo'
Does he mean 'Tattooing'
canvasyou

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:46 am

OUCH!
First of all -
People are gonna tattoo at home.
You can buy the shit ONLINE for christ sake!

All I am saying is - TEACH these retards about sterilization!
Why is my 12 yr old kid getting condoms at school? Does his teacher want him to go out and bang Lucy in Home Room?
No!! - But its a safety thing.. (maybe a vivid example)

TeachMeToTattoo.com is not going to make every scratcher a pro - its not even going to teach them how to tattoo. All I am saying is that STATES need to regulate more - and until they do - you got to spread the word that YOU CAN NOT TATTOO w/o an AUTOCLAVE w/ metal tubes - You can't use plastic wrap on a tattoo after is done - You HAVE TO USE BARRIER PROTECTION - those kinds of things -

If scratchers show off their work - and give each other pointers - COOL! If the primadona artists out there weren't so far up their own asses and relaized that this is a local gold mine -

#1.) Local artists don't want govt. to get in their shit.. so why don't they MAKE THE LAWS THEMSELVES before some guy in a suit down town does it for them. - I just took my exam for Hawaii (what a JOKE!!!!)

#2.) Local artists don't want to apprentice every retard - so why not OUTLAW sales of gear to anyone who does not OWN a tattoo shop?
Problem solved

#3.) As long as there is an avilability of this gear - then there will be scratchers - might as well show them how to scratch w/o giving each other some funky diseases.

#4.) Not out to make anyone a PRO here - just keeping them SAFE!

#5.) If you weren't so insecure about >>>> then you would be supporting sites like this instead of badgering them. It is really a positive effort.
sadie703
Hardcore

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:59 am

nothing against you but your post didnt make much sense all typed in babble.. :roll:
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:00 am

You know what....

That's equivalent to saying there should be $20 surgical clinics that don't need a license, and can do it from your own home.

Tattooing is like a minor surgery. Would YOU want an unlicensed, untrained doctor giving you stitches?

Yes, teach them to be sterile...but don't tell them where to get the supplies. 1) its a waste of your time because MOST scratchers out there don't give a shit, and 2) it exploits the industry SOME of us work fucking hard at to make a life long career. These kids don't wanna tattoo...they just wanna try it out for 2 months, make a few hundred dollars, and before they know it, half their block has HIV/AIDS/Hep C/ all of the above.

And it's people like you that contribute to that.

Thanks...Thanks a lot.
yorvo
Hardcore

Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:25 am

iamcaseychaos wrote:Tattooing is like a minor surgery. Would YOU want an unlicensed, untrained doctor giving you stitches? .....Yes, teach them to be sterile...but don't tell them where to get the supplies.....
Exactly. Your sight is like teaching abortionists they should sterilize the hangers.