My Nose Piercing Experience

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

Jenna

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:53 pm

Oh, and a few questions.

This is the second time I've had my nose pierced (first closed). The first time, I was told it had to be done in a certain spot on my nose.

The second time I had it done (4 months or more ago), I was given the option to have it done anywhere. I chose a spot lower and further back on my nose than she had suggested.

She then pierced my nose and I was profusely bleeding. It wasn't long before the room looked like a bloody mess.

The lady was obviously trying to not look nervous and the burley tattoo guy came in and kept asking me if I was okay (perhaps incase I passed out).

They had me lay down until the bleeding stopped.... about 20 minutes later.

She asked me if I had problems clotting (no) and if I take any medications (no). I then off handedly told them that I took 2 ibuprofen an hour before getting the piercing, to which I then found out (thought she was lying until I verified via internet) that ibuprofen works similar to aspirn and has blood thining properties.

She also said that she must of hit a blood vessel but that was perfectly okay.

So I guess since my nose piercing is a-okay to this day since that day, all is well. However, shouldn't of my experience of been different? Shouldn't they ask if I take, or have taken any medications before the piercing? Is it okay or not okay to have a nose piercing done in a different spot than suggested?

Just curious about all this. The amount of blood shooting out of my nose was getting me pretty worried at the time. I just sat there (after my boys told dad that the blood comming out of mom was scaring them and they had to leave) wondering how much blood one would give if they were to donate blood and whether or not the blood all over my clothes, floor, towels and the woman were comparable, lol.
pokemyassets

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:03 pm

the same thing happend to me with my first peircing..they asked if i was aneimic...some women having that lack of iron in the blood ya know...
kate1211

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:44 pm

Not to nit-pick but I think this is a GREAT example of why children should not be brought to studios for piercings or tattoos. Seeing parents in pain, is scary not to mention that even very clean studios have no control over the cleanliness of clientle. It is a health risk. In my (maybe bitchy) opinion. If you can't afford a sitter, you probably can't afford the piercing/tattoo..

Kate
Jenna

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:36 pm

Nah, not bitchy, just not knowing of the whole story which isn't pertinent to the topic. 8)
barbie_ca8

Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:27 pm

i've noticed when getting something re-pierced it tends to bleed...also ibuprofen does have a blood thinner in it...but it's not near the same amount as asprin.
fyrewomangoddess

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:42 pm

I got sick of my stone or rhinestone coming out of my nose ring. So I took my nose ring out.
Tattude
Hardcore

Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:15 am

NO matter what you took you shouldn't bleed as much as you’re describing.
Oh, and yes, they should ask you about everything BEFORE tattoo or piercing starts.
I've seen more then a few people have ump-teen beers and this and that for pills and still have no problems with piercing/tattoos. It wasn’t YOU it was THEM! I think you should earn your piercing and tattoos. At least the first 40 hours before cheating.