Staten Island, NY

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

MasoAngel

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:30 am

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a great tattoo artist in or around Staten Island?

I'm thinking about getting my entire back done, or my rib cage.
I'm 6' 145 pounds, so i'm thinking the fact that I am skinny is going to severly effect how such a large tattoo is going to look.

Also, for the tattoo I wanted on my back. A long time ago I saw a picture that was a dead tree on a hill in the forground, with a burning town (A burning church being the center of it) in the background. I've never been able to find the picture again but every once in a while someone says they have seen it somewhere so I was wondering if anyone has any idea what it is, or where I can find it?

Oh and this is my first post, i'm 20 years old and currently only have 1 tattoo. It's the Imperial Eagle from a game called Warhammer down my forearm. I'll try and get a picture of it up soon.

Thanks everyone.
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:42 pm

Welcome...
Within a 50 mile radius you have a TON of artists... GOOD ones...
I would portfolio shop, meaning going to all the shops around and find out which artists do or specialize in the type of tattoos YOU like. After that set up the appointment and ROCK on…
jhotrod

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:49 am

Just found this forum so Im probably a bit late with this info. Living in Staten Island your probably within 1/2 hours drive to some of the worlds best tattooists. Check out the yellow page listings for SI, Brooklyn and NYC. go to the shops and look at the artists portfolios and speak to the artists themselves and see if you can get some type of connection going with a particular artist who can relate to your ideas and put them on paper for you first. It will take a bit of time but the tattoo will be with you forever so dont take it lightly. It will be time well spent in the end. If you end up in my shop Ill let you know Im the guy who responded to your post here. Good luck.