First tattoo...HELP!!

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

xxxRxxx

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi there,
I want to get a tattoo so bad but am worried about the pain!!
Will it hurt? How bad?
Where hurts the most and where doesn't?
Does having colour hurt more?
How long would a small one take? :?
rottweiler

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:23 pm

xxxRxxx wrote:Hi there,
Will it hurt? How bad?
everyone is different some people dont seem to bothered about it while others are claim it hurts.
i have 2 lions one on each arm and a tribal sleeve. i found the outline hurt more than the colouring in. but i think most people would agree that tattoo's hurt to a degree.
but its worth the pain in the end :D
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Anywhere on the arms are the best and most common places because they don't hurt (Except, arm pits, elbows, elbow pits)
Legs are ok but can be painful between the knee and ankles.

Stay away from the middle of your chest, arm pits, upper stomach, ribs, neck, knees both front and back, elbows both front and back, middle/sides of the back and feet.

Most anywhere else is fine. Color doesn't hurt anymore then black! It's not the color, it's how they use the gun and what type of gun they use. WAY too many guns to go through which type hurt more or less so just go get some ink and tell us your story after.
rottweiler

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:24 pm

Tattude wrote:Anywhere on the arms are the best and most common places because they don't hurt (Except, arm pits, elbows, elbow pits)
Legs are ok but can be painful between the knee and ankles.

Stay away from the middle of your chest, arm pits, upper stomach, ribs, neck, knees both front and back, elbows both front and back, middle/sides of the back and feet.

Most anywhere else is fine. Color doesn't hurt anymore then black! It's not the color, it's how they use the gun and what type of gun they use. WAY too many guns to go through which type hurt more or less so just go get some ink and tell us your story after.
tattoo's on the arm can hurt so you cant claim they do not hurt. everyone is different.
people can find other areas more pain full than others. a friend of mine had his ribs tattooed and said it hurt less than his leg.
so you cant say some area hurt while other dont it all depends on the individual.
WhiteOleander
Hardcore

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:09 pm

Im my opinion, if you get all worked up and freaked out your going to make it hurt ten times worse than it would if you just took a sec to calm down and relax, dont think about the pain, think about what your getting after the pain. You're getting something that no one can ever take away from you, i mean the government can't reposess a tattoo, it's all worth it in the end. go for it...
:wink:
TattooMe06

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:21 pm

I was nervous during my first tattoo i think that is what made it hurt more but i love my angel wings and now im going in for my second tattoo in 2 weeks and im perfectly cool about it! Go Fot It!!
Kekogl08

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Dont sweat it! Most of the pain from a first tattoo is just mental. However if your getting a lot of shading done for a really long time it can hurt like crazy.
WhiteOleander
Hardcore

Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:38 am

xxxRxxx wrote:Hi there,
Will it hurt? How bad?
I recently just got one done on the bottom part of my hip, almost my leg, and it hurt, but its wasnt unbearable or anything and i am already wanting to get another one.... mine is maybe an inch by an inch and it didnt take but maybe 30 min, or so it felt like.... and for me the outline hurt the most.. but it's different for each person..