I got it!!!!

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

Genome

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:47 pm

I just got back from getting my tattoo. It was an experience......... I'll tell you that. I went in expecting it to hurt but nothing I couldn't handle and I should have prepared more because it felt like sh!t.

Hell maybe my skin is just more sensitive that I thought but GOD did it hurt. The experience was fun though and in the end it was all worth it. He allowed me to take breaks which was cool and we watched clerks 2 and superman returns.

He charged me $400 and I tipped him $60. That was as high as I could go but I felt like he really deserved it because I have a nervous twitch/shake. When I get nervous my body starts to shark really bad almost like I am freezing or something and we had to take breaks when the shaking got bad (he didn't say that was why but he always he said he was giving me time to relax). We talked about comic books and comic to movie conversions and all in all it was fun.

The tattoo is kick ass despite all my shaking. He really has skills. I really wish I could take a pic but I've got a digital camera and no usb so untill I can buy one I'll have to hold off on posting pics.

Anyway just thought I would share the experience.
cbcjammer

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:13 pm

Sounds like an awesome way to spend a Saturday night! I'm jealous!

cbc
jim1961
Hardcore

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Way to go! :D
Sounds like you had a nice time, besides the pain.
What did you get for a tattoo? How long did it take?

My favorite artist:
http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal2248_TI ... allery.asp
http://www.timvictim.com
Genome

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:47 am

Thanks, it was fun. I ended getting a faery that covers 1/4 of my back which took about 4+ hours and even though it hurt I am already drawing out my next design. It's going to be another faery placed below and across the one I have now. They both have their hands out as if they are reaching out for something.

My goal eventually is to have either a portion of a peach tree or sakura tree on my upper back, starting directly below my back and spanning from shoulder to shoulder and have a few blossoms falling down around the faeries, on their out streched hands and finally falling to land right above my butt.

How's that sound?
jim1961
Hardcore

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Sounds good to me... Good luck with your second tattoo!
hanalotus
Hardcore

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:24 pm

Genome, this is exactly how I experienced mine. My first one is really large and I started twitching. My artist, though, was really firm in getting me to suck it up. I twitched the first few times because he started on my middle backside by my ribcage and then after the first five lines told me matter of factly, "Look you need to try and find a way to relax because I have to try and redo these lines and the longer this takes me, the more money it will cost you." I decided that even if I had a sensitive back (women actually have more pain nerve receptors than men I'd heard) I just tried to visually transform the pain by thinking of how much pain other people go through with out anything beautiful to come out of it...like getting in a car accident or getting shot. Those people didn't choose pain and a little VOLUNTARY needle digging shouldn't be something to whine about. After that, it was bearable. You need to mentally give yourself a smackdown. It hurts, but you chose this pain as a rite of passage. Be proud and suck it up! :)