Zits (first tattoo, well maybe...)

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

puje

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm kinda thinking about getting my first tattoo (between my shoulders). The problem is just that I "suffer" from zits on my back. Not a whole lot, probably just 5 or 6 at the the time. But I'm just wondering if a tattoo will look wierd if you get zits in them. (Im talking about after the zit is gone).

And another newbie question: I head that tattoos with white in them are a bad idea. That true?
Thanks
Zinna

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:55 pm

If your acne is severe, yes it will make defects in your tattoos. If they are very big at all, an artist will not tattoo over them. See the dermatologist and get that skin cleared up real good before even asking for a tat there. Then, do the best you can to keep it oil-free and try to prevent the acne to preserve your tattoo.
Again, it really depends on how bad the acne is.

Regarding white ink - it just doesn't take well on the skin. The lighter your skin the better chance you have of white staying put, but still it will fade somewhat. White is best used for highlighting, when the actual white color is not really expected to stay very bright. By the same token, a darker skinned person cannot expect to get a 'negative' effect by using white either...the white is simply devoured by the natural skin pigmentation.