1st Tattoo

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

jenndhg

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:09 am

I have been wanting to get a tattoo since I was in high school. I think I am finally ready....I don't really know the whole process.

Do I select a piece of artwork and take it to the artist?
Do I select an artist and tell him/her what I would like?
Can I design something myself?

I would like to look at examples of tattoos of gerbera daisies and sunflowers and dog paws. Does anyone have any of these tattoos or are there any artists out there that can suggest something? I would like to combine the flowers and the dogs paws into some design but I have no idea where to start. I've been looking on the internet but I am having no luck.
JustOneMoreLine

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:19 am

Hey I think your best bet would be going to a couple of artists in your area, and telling them exactly what you said in this post...Take a look at their work maybe youll find an idea you could work off. if not just explain to them the best you can of what you envision in your head.A good artist will usually come up with something nice if you feed them with ideas..
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:57 am

First select the design or theme of your tattoo...

Second select an artist...The reason this is second is because certain artists specialize in different types of tattoos. Remember, CHEAP is NOT GOOD

Yes, you can design your own tattoo if you want