i have allready tried the piercing forum...

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

char75803

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:13 pm

so now i am asking you people. I am wanting to get my clit pierced. But a few years ago I got my belly button pierced,actually 3 seperate times, and it got infected every time. I am pretty sure it is because I am allergic to anything but gold jewelry. But then a while later I got my tongue pierced and it healed perfectly with the stainless steel barbell. Anyways, I am wondering, if I use stainless steel on my clit, would it get infected or should I ask them to use gold? Someone please help me.
Tattude
Hardcore

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Never hear of anyone being alergic to SS...
It might be the shop you go too...?
Try another shop and you'll be fine.
kate1211

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 am

First of all you would not get a clit piercing. Just the hood. (the skin that lays over the clit)
They heal very quickly, just like the tongue, your body tries to take care of parts that it deems important rather quick.
As for your belly, they are notorious for healing poorly. Usually they get infected, or aggravated because of slow healing (6-18 months) the person with the piercing forgets that it is still "new".
Most people are not allergic to all metals besides gold, but it usually appears that way because cheaper jewelry usually has a high nickel content. Good quality (piercing quality) Surgical Stainless Steel jewelry has less nickel and usually does not cause reactions. Gold is too soft to be recommended for initial piercings.
As for sensitivity, it either increases it or not, occasionally women will find that their sensitivity is decreasing. Most women remove their jewelry as soon as they notice, so rarely would you find someone that has lost ALL feeling due to a piercing.
Good luck!
Kate
char75803

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:40 am

Do women end up losing sensitivity often? Also I heard that I girl I know got her clit pierced and she has had it pierced for a few months now and she says that it is hard to wear jeans, so she rarely wears them. I know that their are several ways to pierce your clit and I am wondering which is the most recommended way. The way with less chances of decreased sensitivity and less chance for infection.
kate1211

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:31 am

The most common way is vertical. No women do not lose sensitivity often, but occasionally. Infection in hood piercings aren't as commn as other slower healing areas. Healing is very rapid. Some people are irritated by too much constant stimulation, (that over-sensitive feeling) which is probably why your friend hates jeans now.
Kate
char75803

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:25 pm

ok thanks for your help.
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:04 am

Direction of the piercing (horizontal or vertical) is determined by your anatomy. Rarely is a person suited for both.

Try putting a q-tip under your hood. If you can, you're suited for a vertical. If you cant', you're suited for a horizontal. If you get the wrong one you may not get the stimulation you're after... and that's pretty much the purpose for the piercing.

If the piercer lets you choose the direction without first checking your anatomy or tells you it can only be done one way on everyone, find another piercer.
BadWolf
Verified

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:10 am

Try putting a q-tip under your hood.
Damn, that's HOT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: