different types of tattoo ink?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

firefly02

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi i was wondering if you could help me out, i've got six tattoos from the same place, and i got allergic reactions that got worse and worse, not around the tattoo but like physical reactions such as difficult breathing, felt like my face was sweling up. And i was wondering are there different types of inks, like perhaps i went somewhere else who used a different type would it be safter? I was told by someone that he may of used a synthedic ink but there are organic inks out there too is that true? I want to get another tattoo but i dont really want to end up in the hospital for it, so I'd appreciate any info that can be helpful. :lol: Thank you for your time
stephanie
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:12 pm

I doubt it was the ink.
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 pm

You should try going to the doctor and get allergy tested. The ink (more than likely) is not the problem, it might be as simple as you being allergic to antibiotics or alcohol or even latex. You should get checked out before even thinking about getting the next tattoo. Good luck.
SpenceW

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:15 am

the most common allergy is latex, thats be the first thing to check out.
firefly02

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I was told though i can't get an allergy test unless a doctor referenses me, and its unlikely he would do that unless it was something affecting my everyday life. Also what i was thinking it might be was something to do with antibiotics cause last time i had penicilin i got hives, so maybe the bactine he put on afterwards? Is there anything else that may have antibiotics in it?