need advice

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

kata

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 pm

what would be a good ''name-brand'' for a beginners tattoo kit? (decent price is important too),l heard some bad things about joe kaplan and that's why l'm asking
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 pm

Fisher Price
kata

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:25 pm

l think they make kiddie stuff don't they? anyway lf you are happy with them good for you
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:38 pm

That's what "scratcher kits" are....Kiddie stuff.
soulmindfist

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:35 am

I have reason to think that your not doing enough research, just google it? Plus, such interesting matters should be left to where only the pro's leave threads.(try to pm one if they allow u to?) Anymore, and this side of the forum could become technical.
CxCx
Verified

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:22 am

this may be the best thread that I've read in weeks....
kata

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:56 pm

soulmindfist wrote:I have reason to think that your not doing enough research, just google it? Plus, such interesting matters should be left to where only the pro's leave threads.(try to pm one if they allow u to?) Anymore, and this side of the forum could become technical.
been there done that, l was wondering if THE PROS have any suggestions regarding this. now from what l see so far either there are no PROS around or THEY like to keep stuff for THEMSELVES which contradicts with the basic ideea of ''discution forum'', l just posted a simple question which is no more techical than any other stuff posted here. as far as the pm-ing the PROS.... IF THEY ALLOW ME? F.. that s...t what that topic is too secretive for the rest of the humble mortals? only the ''chosen ones'' are alowed to know? don't want to stirr the stuff up but what's up with this attitude? :x
BadWolf
Verified

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:03 pm

Get a legit mentor, learn tattooing properly, and they will tell you what equippment to buy. That is traditionally how it is done, and we are a traditional group of folks, here.
There are absolutely NO legit and respectable suppliers who would sell to you, so why would we recommend anyone who sells to the general public. You will NEVER find decent equippment through anyone who does, so why bother?
This forum is NOT titled, "The scrather help forum" is it?
kata

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:19 pm

BadWolf wrote:Get a legit mentor, learn tattooing properly, and they will tell you what equippment to buy. That is traditionally how it is done, and we are a traditional group of folks, here.
There are absolutely NO legit and respectable suppliers who would sell to you, so why would we recommend anyone who sells to the general public. You will NEVER find decent equippment through anyone who does, so why bother?
This forum is NOT titled, "The scrather help forum" is it?
ok say l get the ''legit mentor'', traditionally speaking, but how can l justify spending 200 $ VS 1500 $ for a kit that is gonna need upgrading as l go right? let's not forget it is a SCRATHER kit right?, another thing u say that nobody that sells this stuff over the net is legit? why bother? l just asked a question that's it, if this bothers you don't answer it. the forum is not titled:'' l'm african-american, what kind of colors can l get?'' either right?
soulmindfist

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:23 pm

From the way this forum seems to be constructed, this is mostly a "ask the pros advice on getting a tattoo" forum, The information you request is easy to find, and not as hard to get as some traditional folk would make u think, PM me, and I'll judge that myself.
kata

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:25 pm

soulmindfist wrote:From the way this forum seems to be constructed, this is mostly a "ask the pros advice on getting a tattoo" forum, The information you request is easy to find, and not as hard to get as some traditional folk would make u think, PM me, and I'll judge that myself.
what pi....s me off is the attitude....
BadWolf
Verified

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:45 pm

Did you expect any professional to roll out the red carpet every time someone with so much contempt for our industry that they won't do it properly comes along and says, "Iz a guud drawler. Where do I buyz me sum gunz?"
soulmindfist

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:58 pm

Well kata, I am not trying to sway u one way or another (sorry if it seems like I have an attitude, didnt mean to come off that way), with traditional old school folk, u get traditional old school attitude, there is nothing wrong with that, people work really hard in life to perfect their skills, be it woodworking, plumbing, being a doctor, dentist, most everything, (and here especially a tattoo artist). Some might feel for someone to come aboard here, (this forum anyway?) and simply ask "whats a good name brand beginners kit I can buy" is kinda a slap in the face of their profession, and become offended... Im not going to stretch this thread any longer. PM me.