Rose Tattoo, needs touch ups?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

MartinC_Australia

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm new to tattoo's & got a rose tattoo 3 weeks ago. The tattoo seemed like it had faded a bit so I went back for a few touch ups & just let the guy do what he thought was best because I thought he is the artist. Now I'm not sure if I should go back again or not I'm not sure if the outline is faded or it's how the tattoo is ment to be it seems a little faint to me but I'm not sure.

Can touch ups make the tattoo look worse? can people give their apions on wether my tattoo looks like it needs touch ups?

Here is the link
http://www.everytattoo.com/tattoopics/d ... /mytat.jpg
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 am

A touch up is not supposed to screw up the tattoo... it's to fix anything that might have been missed the first time or anything that might have gone wrong in the healing.

If this is what the tattoo looks like after the touch up I honestly think the artist was the problem.
MartinC_Australia

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 pm

SharpTattoos wrote:A touch up is not supposed to screw up the tattoo... it's to fix anything that might have been missed the first time or anything that might have gone wrong in the healing.

If this is what the tattoo looks like after the touch up I honestly think the artist was the problem.
OK well yes the tattoo has been touched up once already. The rose text banner part is meant to have a faded look but I'm not sure why the outline is so faint. The touch ups are free that's why I was asking if the artist could make it any worse, if he could I would just leave it & pay elsewhere.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:15 am

Touch ups are normal and free but normally not needed except for large pieces. Small pieces normally don't need them unless the artist SUCKS or you didn't take care of the tattoo during the healing process. That last statement isn't law but the norm. Most artist take enough pride in there work to do touch ups. My artist of choice takes digital pics and stores them like most. Every week he goes through them and calls anyone he deems necessary for touch ups. Even if he doesn't call you back, you can come in on your own for one free touch up. For some reason I can’t see your link? Can’t tell you if the artist is the problem???
MartinC_Australia

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi Tattude,

I now placed the image at geocities too

http://www.geocities.com/westgroveg/mytat.jpg

see if that works
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 pm

:shock: Do not go back to that person. :shock:
Really....seek out a professional. Not everyone with a studio is a tattoo artist.
I'm not trying to be mean...just giving you honesty. I would PRAY it faded...A LOT MORE!
Tattude wrote: Can’t tell you if the artist is the problem???
No doubt about it!
MartinC_Australia

Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:29 am

OK so you guys think the artist is the problem.

I will do my research & find a better tattoo studio in the area & just pay extra for the necessary touch-ups.

My last question is when I do go to the new studio what should I tell them? will the artist know what needs to be done or do I need to be specific?

Thanks,
MartinC
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:31 am

When you're serching out a shop, take a thorough look through the artists portfolios and original artwork on paper... and don't shop by price. Be picky. This is forever.
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:22 am

It's more than just a matter of a few touch ups. Be prepared to have a competent artist want to either completely rework the design or cover it up...if they will do anything. Look at the lines. Not an inch of that outline doesn't have a blowout, except where it just didn't take at all. The color shading is absolutely horrible, it has absolutely no depth. I don't know WHAT that orange funk is all about, but it was a bad idea. The banner ends...what to say about those? Looks like it was done with a screwdriver....never saw a tattoo machine make a mess like that. Didn't think it was possible to get that many different line widths (accidentally) in one tattoo. It would be hard to do so poorly on purpose. This "artist" apparantly believes that hammering something in solid is good enough...and it isn't. Buyer beware. Learn what to look for. Smooth solid lines, consistant, smooth shading and good solid color or smooth color blending. This tattoo lacks all these things.
Tattude
Hardcore

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:56 am

MartinC_Australia wrote:OK so you guys think the artist is the problem.
NO doubt about it!
MartinC_Australia wrote:I will do my research & find a better tattoo studio in the area & just pay extra for the necessary touch-ups.
Old saying comes to mind here, "Cheap tattoos aren't good and good tattoos aren't cheap."
MartinC_Australia wrote:My last question is when I do go to the new studio what should I tell them? will the artist know what needs to be done or do I need to be specific?
Thanks,
MartinC
A professional will know exactly what to do. He might not like it but he'll make that tattoo look a whole LOT better...
blue boy

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:13 am

hi i am a boy and i am interested in tattooing my ass.... what do you suggest????
MartinC_Australia

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 am

Thanks a lot for your input guys! I plan on getting two or three more tattoos too & if it wasn't for your advice I might have gone to the same place.

I'll be sure to keep in touch with changes.
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:33 am

Good luck...