what could this be?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

allibuck

Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:46 pm

I just got my first tattoo about a week and a half ago. It's healing up nicely, with very minimal peeling. Anyway, so a couple of days ago I started getting what look like pimples around my tattoo. This is just weird because I never get pimples on my back, and they hurt when I touch them. Also, yesterday I noticed this white pimple-like thing that is actually on my tattoo. I was just wondering is any of you know what could be the cause of this, if it is normal or if it doesn't even really matter. The big question I have though, is if the white pimple thing that is directly on my tattoo will damage it in any way. Thanks so much!

Allison
dfboy

Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:16 am

I wouldn't worry too much about this, Allison.

I had the same problem with the tribal piece on my arm. One appeared in the middle of a black area, I scratched it (probably shouldn't have), it bled a bit then healed up. No damage to the tattoo whatsoever.

My tattooist thought it had something to do with the Tattoo Goo I was using.
kuleighpaulsmith

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 pm

could be granulomas or keloids. Look in the health risks section of this site's homepage. It should explain a little. Either way, I don't think it is much to worry about.

Good luck!

www.tattooartists.org/kuleighpaulsmith