new tattoo artist looking for some help

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

motoloco92

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:30 pm

First of all, Hi everyone im new to the forum.. now to the question.. My good friend has just bought his first tattoo gun and is planning to start giving tattoos.. he has been practicing a lot on skins and oranges but I was wondering if anyone knows of any extensive tattoo guides online. I want him to read up on everything he can before i let him give me any ink. Any help, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, i would also appreciate suggestions on equipment and inks... Thanks
d3adkl0wn

Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:42 pm

two words.... Run away.
TheTattooArtist

Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 pm

Your friend can "read" all the publications he/she can get their hands on, but won't make them a tattoo artist. If they are really interested to learn how to do this, they should take a portfolio to local tattoo studios and seek an apprenticeship from a licensed professional. This will atleast ensure they are heading in the right dirrection, without having to learn from the mistakes they make on you. Anyone can apply a tattoo. Not too hard to take a sharp object, and some sort of ink, and pierce into the skin leaving a tattoo. Do you want to be someones practice, or a tattoo artist next cover-up?

THINK BEFORE YOU INK!