little help, friends?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

stac1240

Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:10 pm

i am a tattoo artist from nj, i work in a studio and am in the process of ordering a new transparency machine/stencil maker. we currently have a 3m transparency maker, and in looking for another one online i came across some information about 24-pin dot matrix printers being used to make stencils. anyone know anything about these printers, if they are better than the 3m or vistafax, and if so, which model is preferable? any input would be much appreciated, as the dot matrix printers run about four to five hundred dollars cheaper than the 3m. also, if no one has any info on these printers, how about any recommendations as to a reliable place to buy another 3m? the place we bought our original from 5 years ago for $400 brand new is now selling the same thing, but refurbished, for $900! ouch! we want something new so as to have the warrenty available, so any advice on this subject would be great.

thanks!
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:30 pm

I've seen those ads on e-bay. Dot matrix printers arent' really worth it. Better to invest in a good model that's going to last you and have a warranty. $900 would pay for itself within a month or much less.