hints, tips, anything...please!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

veddersmygod

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:26 pm

soo... a few months ago i bougth a tattoo gun and all the goodies because i decided "fuck, i like art and i like tattoos, that will be fun". and ive done a few that look nice and richly colored, but others that ive done (mainly on myself) look faded and not vibrant at ALL. sometimes the color barely sticks! so heres my question. what do you think im doing wrong? would it be not enough ink on the needles? would my pressure be wrong? my voltage on my gun? should i buy new inks? any advise would really rock!

dani
BadWolf
Verified

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:02 pm

veddersmygod wrote:soo... a few months ago i bougth a tattoo gun and all the goodies because i decided "****, i like art and i like tattoos, that will be fun". and ive done a few that look nice and richly colored, but others that ive done (mainly on myself) look faded and not vibrant at ALL. sometimes the color barely sticks! so heres my question. what do you think im doing wrong?

You already answered the question for yourself...Here is what you did wrong:

a few months ago you bougth a tattoo "gun" and all the goodies because you decided "****, i like art and i like tattoos, that will be fun".

would it be not enough ink on the needles? would my pressure be wrong? my voltage on my gun? should i buy new inks? any advise would really rock!

dani

If you were doing it properly, you could just ask your mentor, instead of coming to a tattoo forum where no professional is ever going to give you technical information.

And it isn't a gun. It does not propel a projectile, nor is it an instrument of death...although in the hands of someone who calls it a gun, it generally may as well be. It is a tattoo machine. First, have a little respect for the art form, and do not insult the tools. Then have a little respect for yourself, and look for a mentor, or quit...whichever is more convienient.

Lyle Tuttle had an old saying. I forget the exact wording, but it was something like, "I'd rather you called my mother a whore, than to call the sacred instrument of tattooing a "gun"."
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:29 pm

I think that pretty much said it all. ;)