expirienced tattoo artist prefer..

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Inkpacker

Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:29 pm

I build custom made tattoo machines and would like to get some input on your ideas of a perfect tattoo machine.I understand that every body more or less has thier own opinion about these matters,so lets use technical terminology as to confuse the layperson,and better describe specificities of your ideas. :wink:
Inkpacker

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:11 pm

WHAT!!! .NO GRAVY?
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:25 pm

Most just won't discuss technical info in an open forum...which is a great idea, in my opinion.
Inkpacker

Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:07 am

who said any thing about technical info??, I'm asking about your preferences for a good running machine. sounds to me like you people are too damn secretive about whatever info you have. Perhaps if there were more people willing to share there might be alot more good tattoo artists. Or are you scared that your abilities will not carry you through an army of good tattoo artists.Its not about being good ,Its about doing your best.Most people have limited abilities when it comes to art, some however, excell far beyond most. A good tattoo artist doesn't become "good" because he/she read some bull$hit on the internet he/she gets that way through hours of study,dedication and hard a$$ work..

Now, how do you like your machine to run?
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:24 pm

Sorry, but he's right... technical information doesn't need to be discussed on a public board. How your machines run is considered technical information.

Let me rehash...

You said : Perhaps if there were more people willing to share there might be alot more good tattoo artists.

But then you said: A good tattoo artist doesn't become "good" because he/she read some bull$hit on the internet he/she gets that way through hours of study,dedication and hard a$$ work..

Information spewed on the internet doesn't always help someone to become a better tattoo artist, it just gives people half a clue. Half the information can be really damaging in the hands of a person who doesn't know what they're doing already.

We don't have a fear of other artists learning to tattoo. We have an awareness of unprepared people hacking away in the basement or garage with homemade gear. This causes problems for us. Not because someone is stealing our business, but because those types of individuals are often giving the real artists a bad name.

If an artist wants to do it right, they can take an apprenticeship and further their skills through hours of study, dedication and hard work.